Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Full Audio



I was trying to come up with a story idea for my final animation in this class, but was having trouble. I thought it would be so much easier if someone could just tell me a story. So I decided to do just that! My plan was to get some sound equipment and walk around Savannah asking people to tell me a story...any story that they could come up with.

After finally managing to get the equipment from the cage, I ventured out into Savannah to interview people. All told, I got about forty different stories from people...some good, some not so good. Next I listened to each recording and wrote down various sentences I thought were interesting. I printed these pages, cut out each sentence and pieced together the most interesting and cohesive story I could come up with.

After that, I went back to the individual audio clips and used adobe sound booth and piece them together into one seamless story. This is the final audio file I came up with.

All together this is about three and half minutes, clearly I underestimated the time it would take to animate all this. Anyway I cut out certain parts to shorten the animation time, but it's difficult. Eventually I would like to animate the entire piece. I think it's a really unique and interesting idea that I came up with. I'm proud of it and eventually, perhaps over this summer, I plan on animating the entire bit.

11 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to the finished project. Makes for a great teaser, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really interesting idea! I would love to see the rest of it! Good job. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool idea, i can't wait to see it finished. totally in the realm of experimental animation, its gonna be kickass when you're done.

    keep us updated, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a great concept going on! what you have so far looks good! I hope you can finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love where this is going. The text man is fantastic. The way you meshed the stories is going really well. I can't wait to see more of it! Please update this blog over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome concept. I hope you get to finishing the whole audio because I think your idea is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might not be complete but I LOVE it! It's really creative and the visual style is so original and striking. I hope you can finish this and post it here later so I can see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far I love it! The idea behind it is amazing, very unique and I can't wait to see the finished animation. Keep it up, and I know Mr. Funny Bones so that makes it so much better. Of course who doesn't know him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your idea is amazing! I hope you do finish it, because it will be great. I love the style of your animation and the characters are great. It is very original and fun. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a very good idea, brilliant! Definitely would love to see this fully completed and very good sound editing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete