Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Art Direction for Eccentricities...

This is the art direction for my senior animation. It's probably going to be done in flash or toonboom...I'm still throwing around the idea of stopmotion. Maybe stopmotion characters super imposed on 2D backgrounds?

Anyway the backgrounds are inspired by persian and medieval painting. I like the idea of trying to achieve an "overly patterned" flattened out set. I also have some examples of patterns I could use on there. A good friend, Shawnna Lyons (fibers major here at SCAD), gave me some digital patterns that she actually designed herself. They're incredible and will definitely fit in with the theme I'm going for.

It's set in 1906, so the clothes and architecture will definitely have a victorian/post-victorian feel.

And overall I want a "muddy victorian color scheme" for the backgrounds and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment